Sunlight

Is it true that you need to expose your face to the sunlight to maintain facial bone structure?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it true that you need to expose your face to the sunlight to maintain facial bone structure? Or is it enough to expose the body and the vitamin D distributes all over? Or does it work only in the specific areas where it is actually being produced?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For the prevention of vitamin D deficiency, you need to expose your body in sunlight early in the morning before 10 AM. The duration of exposure needed is ten minutes daily. It is not necessary to expose particular area of the skin.  Read Full »

How could Vitamin D affect my skin? Please explain.

Query: Hello doctor, How could Vitamin-D affect my skin? Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin whose primary function is to maintain calcium and phosphorus levels in our body. Vitamin D is present in certain foods like eggs, liver, shiitake mushroom. Vitamin D Synthesis also occurs in our body that starts in the skin in the p...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for vitiligo?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering with a skin problem for a long time of four years. They are white patches. I have taken treatment from few doctors. Doctors have asked me to apply some lotion and show sunlight to them. They also gave some blue light therapy but I developed blisters after that. So, t...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and do understand your concern. I also viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  Read Full »

Please suggest some ayurvedic treatment for swollen legs, knee pain, and vitamin D deficiency.

Query: Hi doctor, Both my legs are swollen, and my knees are paining. I have full body weakness, and my vitamin D is less than 3 ng/mL. I feel that my entire body is swollen, and I have pain in my limbs. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and saw all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest following the below mentioned ayurvedic medicines for your problem regularly, and you will soon see positive results. Dashamoola Haritaki, take 10 g of this jam...  Read Full »

What can cause constant headache from 20 days?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 20 year old female. I have a severe pulsating headache from the past 20 days, dizziness and nausea when exposed to sunlight or bright light, sensitive to harsh sounds, eye pain, and mild ear pain.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it half-sided? If yes, it is likely a migraine headache. How frequent is this? If this is too frequent then I suggest starting some medicine on a day to day basis for prevention. Have you tried Paracetamol 650 mg for pain relief? If this is giving relief then yo...  Read Full »

I am stressed and want to quit my job. But, I cannot. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from anxiety and depression from the last few years. My work causes me fatigue, but I do not have an option. I have very low energy, palpitations, and sexual dysfunction. Sometimes, I get very angry and end up hurting someone. Or, I just leave my job and home and go somewhere...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, but you will have to elaborate on your issue for me to give you proper suggestions. Since when do you have this problem? Have you taken any treatment? How is your sleep? Do you often get episodes of palpitations and worry? Do you have any med...  Read Full »

A new mark developed on my forehead recently. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a new mark on my forehead that has developed over the last week or so. It feels a bit crusty and is somewhat sore. But it does not look like a scab or a mole. What can it be?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern can be the following: Polymorphic light eruption (PLE). Seborrhoeic keratosis. I suggest you try using the following: Hydrocortisone cream, once daily at bedtime for a week. Neutrogena sunscreen of SPF 50 during noon. Avoid direct sunlight betwe...  Read Full »

Please help me with some parenting doubts for my seven months old baby girl.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a mother of a seven months old baby girl. I have a few doubts regarding parenting. She is still only crawling and sitting and not yet standing. We are concerned if we are giving her enough time and place. How long and how many times in a day we should keep her on the ground for her ...  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iciniq.com. It seems that you are new to parenting and anxious about the health of your baby girl. Seven months old baby crawling and not able to stand is normal. Babies usually stand by around nine months and should be able to walk by around a year. Do not be so aggressive in maintai...  Read Full »

Would you recommend photo test for solar urticaria?

Query: Hi doctor, Eight years ago, my family and I went on a vacation. When my mother got out of one of the outdoor pools, she started feeling a sting on her arms and all of her legs below the knees. She has been to the doctor for this condition and she has gotten numerous ointments. The only ointment that...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you explained that your mother has developed solar urticaria. Here I explain a few other importance of solar urticaria. Intense itching, swelling and rashes develop in sunlight. You can correlate it. Whenever she goes in the sun, she gets these things. If you ...  Read Full »

What can the red spots on back of hands that resemble bruising be?

Query: Hi doctor, There are red spots on the back of my hands, close to the thumbs. I do not feel any itching, pain or any other unusual conditions. It is just redness. It is present under the skin and looks like bruising. I do not know if it is caused by sun exposure or something else. I first noticed it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have examined your photographs (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and your history details. From deeper observation, this seems to have been due to coming in contact with some irritant substance which in the presence of ultraviolet radiation from sun h...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.