Q. A new mark developed on my forehead recently. What is it?

Dr. Sandeep Golla

I have a new mark on my forehead that has developed over the last week or so. It feels a bit crusty and is somewhat sore. But it does not look like a scab or a mole. What can it be?

#

Your concern can be the following:

1. Polymorphic light eruption (PLE).
  2. Seborrhoeic keratosis.

I suggest you try using the following:

1. Hydrocortisone cream, once daily at bedtime for a week.
  2. Neutrogena sunscreen of SPF 50 during noon.
  3. Avoid direct sunlight between 10 to 3 PM if possible.

If there is a response within a week, then continue the sunscreen and withdraw Hydrocortisone cream. If no response, then consult a dermatologist in-person for further physical examination.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|