Q. Can exposing face to the sunlight maintain facial bone structure?

Published on Sep 05, 2019

Is it true that you need to expose your face to the sunlight to maintain facial bone structure? Or is it enough to expose the body and the vitamin D distributes all over? Or does it work only in the specific areas where it is actually being produced?

Hematology Pathology
#

For the prevention of vitamin D deficiency, you need to expose your body in sunlight early in the morning before 10 AM. The duration of exposure needed is ten minutes daily. It is not necessary to expose particular area of the skin.

| 

My face turns red when I am exposed to sunlight. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male trying to achieve an overall good facial complexion. For a number of years now my skin seems to be a bit damaged and has a lot less color to it than the rest of my body. My face seems to have general redness to it which is accelerated in the winter. I wash my f...  Read Full »

Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?

Query: Hi, I am a 41 year old male weighing 79 kg. I have vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months. Since one year I have pain in my arms, fingers and many parts of the body. Please go through my attached test reports and advice some treatme...  Read Full »

Why does my face look bad when I walk into direct sunlight?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had mild acne for years and it seems to be under control now with an occasional break out here and there, mainly just trying to fix scarring. I am a 26-year-old male. Currently, I am using the Menscience brand facial wash, Mirco scrub, and rosewater toner. I lie to keep things ...  Read Full »