Q. What are the best ways to control, remove and prevent swine flu?

Dr. Srinivas Gunda

Please tell the best way to how can we control, remove and also prevent the swine flu?

Dr. Srinivas Gunda

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Swine flu is caused by a virus called H1N1 and H3N2 group of influenza viruses that are widespread across continents. Since they spread by aerosols, which means that a person having swine flu can spread it by just sneezing and coughing and people around can get infected by inhaling the droplets in the air coughed or sneezed out.

Vaccination is one of the effective ways of preventing swine flu although it may not be 100% effective. Get yourself vaccinated before the onset of the flu season every year. If you are an asthmatic or having chronic respiratory problems it is all the more recommended to get yourself vaccinated for flu.

The best treatment is prevention, by maintaining hand hygiene, cough etiquette, i.e. covering one's mouth and nose while coughing and sneezing and turning away from surrounding people, frequent hand washing.

Once you suspect that you have flu, take adequate rest, hydrate yourself, seek medical help as soon as possible.

| 

Is there any vaccine for swine flu?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 1 year old. We are going to travel to our native place, and I heard that swine flu is epidemic there. So, I am very much scared about it. Kindly suggest some vaccination or a doctor who can provide a solution. How can we save our baby from this kind of disease?  Read Full »

Is my daughter's fever a symptom of dengue or swine flu?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old daughter has a fever for the past three days, and we are giving her Paracetamol. Since yesterday she has running nose and cough. I gave her Crocin twice in the morning three hours back, but her fever is 101.8. Should I give her Meftal P? Is there a possibility of dengue o...  Read Full »

Ask a Child Health Specialist Now