Q. Is my daughter's fever a symptom of dengue or swine flu?

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My 3 year old daughter has a fever for the past three days, and we are giving her Paracetamol. Since yesterday she has running nose and cough. I gave her Crocin twice in the morning three hours back, but her fever is 101.8. Should I give her Meftal P? Is there a possibility of dengue or swine flu? I am scared.

#

• I suggest you give her syrup Crocin (Paracetamol) 7 ml, thrice a day Syrup Cetirizine 2.5 ml at bedtime and Otrivin P (Xylometazoline) nasal drops, 2 drops thrice a day, if she has nasal congestion. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. Do not start syrup Meftal (Mefenamic acid) as Paracetamol is the safest antipyretic.
  • It usually takes five to seven days to recover from a viral illness. The most important thing is to maintain the hydration. Give her plenty of fluids. Wait for a couple of days. She will be fine.
  • Immediately take her to a hospital or contact a pediatrician if any of the following dangerous signs are present:
  1. Very high-grade fever.
  2. Rashes over the body.
  3. Spontaneous bleeding from any site.
  4. Signs of dehydration.
  5. Stool passed is black.
  6. A difficulty in breathing.

Revert to me if the fever does not go down even after five to seven days. Hope this will help. Thanks.

For further queries consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

What is the normal heartbeat of a 3 year old child? My daughter's heartbeat is 130 bpm.

#

• It is about 80 to 120 beats per minute.

Do not worry.

For further queries consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|