Q. I have a swollen calf without pain since three weeks. What can be the cause?

Dr. Medhun Kumar. M
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 09, 2021

I have a swollen calf muscle from the past three weeks. I am not having any pain, but it feels a bit numb sometimes. Doppler study of left lower limb came out normal. I consulted an orthopedic, and he prescribed Flexura D twice a day, Pan 40 mg once a day, and ME12-OD vitamin B12 for two weeks. From past two days, I am taking the medicine, but I am finding no change. When I wake up in the morning, the swelling is little less, but after I do some walking or stand, the swelling increases. I am not able to figure out what the problem is. Kindly give me your opinion, I have already consulted a general physician and an orthopedic doctor.

#

• I need few more details like, was the swelling a sudden onset? Did you get any trauma or injury? Do you have any other health condition like diabetes, hypertension, renal, or cardiac problem?
  • If everything is fine, then it might be due to primary lymphedema, try using crepe bandage.
  • If you have a fever or node enlargement, and living in a filariasis prone zone, then try antihelminthic like Hetrazan (Diethylcarbamazine) 100 mg, twice daily for 21 days.
  • Consult a local general surgeon if your symptoms persist.

For more details consult a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

|