Crepe Bandage

What to do for ankle sprain causing swelling and tingling on toes?

Query: Hello doctor, I sprang my ankle four days ago and went to the ER and they did an x-ray and of course, they could only tell me if there were any major fractures or breaks because of the swelling. Now the swelling has gone down a lot but just a little remain. Hardly there is any bruising, but it is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you should go to the clinic and see an orthopedic surgeon because after the swelling and pain reduces they can evaluate you better to find a cause. That is if there is any major ligament injury or no, or if it has sprained. The tingling can be due to small ner...  Read Full »

My wrist is swollen and getting worse without any injury. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My wrist has been hurting a lot for the past week, despite me never sustaining an injury. I went to A and E where one doctor said it was broken but when I went to fracture clinic the next day other doctor said it was fine and sent me home. It is only getting worse and even more swolle...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain around your wrist region for a week without any history of injury to the affected area. Anyways the pictures which you have sent me to show that there is a bit of swelling around the wrist region, but x-rays are required, and clinical images alo...  Read Full »

Why are my medial malleolus and calcaneus swollen?

Query: Hello doctor,My medial malleolus and calcaneus are swelled. Please help.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The common cause of swelling in the area of medial malleoli are ankle sprain and strain. Gout needs to be investigated with the help of serum uric acid and by having an X-ray. I suggest you apply Crepe Bandages and take Naprosyn (Naproxen) 500 mg twice daily. C...  Read Full »

I accidentally put some weight on my injured ankle and it hurts. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I broke my ankle two weeks ago and had surgery. I went for a checkup after two weeks and the doctor took off the cast and put me in an airboot. But, when I was out, I accidentally put a bit of weight on the ankle with the boot on. It did not hurt that much at that time. After getting h...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you put weight on it, you need to get a check X-ray done. Get an X-ray of the affected ankle joint in AP and lateral views and follow up. Continue the same medicines. Use a walker or crutches if you want. Sit in the bathroom and take a shower. Use a plastic chair...  Read Full »

I had a leg injury six months back. When will it heal?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a leg injury, six months back. On x-ray examination, they did not find any fracture. But there is difficulty in movement, and the doctor said that the anterior tibiofibular ligament is damaged. I used NSAIDs for a short period to avoid inflammation. I am also wearing crepe bandage...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it appears you are suffering from an ankle sprain. It takes around six weeks to three months to heal depending on the severity of the injury. But, it is important that healing is not repeatedly interrupted by repeated injury. If interrupted, it wi...  Read Full »

Please help me with my left foot pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from left foot pain, as I fell from my two-wheeler. I consulted a doctor and got an x-ray, and he said it's Achilles tendon rupture and tibialis anterior tendonitis. He gave me tablets for five days. But the pain is still there when I walk.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.If I agree with his diagnosis, as I have not seen the x-rays, then I will suggest you try taking the following:Tablet Piroxicam 20 mg, twice daily after food.Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg, twice daily for 10 days before food.Tablet Shelcal (Calcium) 500 mg, twice daily for 30 da...  Read Full »

I have a swollen calf without pain since three weeks. What can be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a swollen calf muscle from the past three weeks. I am not having any pain, but it feels a bit numb sometimes. Doppler study of left lower limb came out normal. I consulted an orthopedic, and he prescribed Flexura D twice a day, Pan 40 mg once a day, and ME12-OD vitamin B12 for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Medhun Kumar

General Practitioner, General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need few more details like, was the swelling a sudden onset? Did you get any trauma or injury? Do you have any other health condition like diabetes, hypertension, renal, or cardiac problem? If everything is fine, then it might be due to primary lymphedema, try using ...  Read Full »

I got injured while playing football. Is there any ligament damage?

Query: Hi doctor, I was just playing football and got stamped on rather severely. I always get studded, but this one is much worse than the rest. The top side of my foot and a bit to the right has large swelling and pain. Is there any ligament damage? I hope not as it was only the first game of the season....  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the photo that you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I think it might be grade 3 strain and there is no such tear of ligament. But, it is always good to get confirmed about it. Have an x-ray as soon as possible. You can follow the menti...  Read Full »