Q. What is the treatment available for swollen gums with sharp pain while eating or drinking?

Dr. Vijeta Singh

My tooth hurts anytime I eat or drink. It feels hot. I feel hot, it is sharp pain that does not go away. My gums are swollen.

#

Your tooth has sharp pain due to tooth sensitivity (due to enamel erosion) once you get it treated pain will subside. If erosion has not involved the pulp then only restoration can help you, or when the pulp is involved, then root canal treatment will be a solution. Please share pictures and radiograph of your affected tooth.

Tooth sensitivity.

IOPAR related to affected teeth.

Restoration or RCT of the affected tooth.

|