Q. Why am I having gums and face swelling with pain in capped teeth?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I have two capped teeth in the top right back of my mouth, and they hurt for three days, but on the fourth day, I woke up and my face and gums were swollen. On the fifth day, I woke up and it was swollen double the size. There is no pus bubble, the gums are just swollen. The pain is unbearable.

#

I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. As per your history, it looks like you are having buccal space infection because of the concerned teeth. The infection is spreading and it needs immediate management. You need to take the following medication, tablet Augmentin 625 (Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for five days, tablet Zerodol SP (Aceclofenac and Serratiopeptidase) twice daily for three days. Kindly send me a picture to help you further.

Secondary caries.

OPG X-rays.

Acute apical periodontitis.

Buccal space infection because of the apical periodontitis.

Medication as mentioned above.

|