Q. Why is one of my legs swollen to twice the size of other?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

My left leg is swollen to twice the size of my right leg. I am 65 years old and weigh 72 kg. I am currently on painkillers as it hurts like hell. Could you please advise?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiology Critical Care Physician General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

I have reviewed your health query and can understand you are worried about your leg swelling.

It can be due to one of the many reasons like:

1. Compromised blood supply to the area.
  2. Blocked venous drainage.
  3. Blocked lymphatic drainage.
  4. Infection.
  5. Inflammation of the leg.
  6. Compartment syndrome.

In such a situation the best next step is to go to the hospital for proper investigation of the cause. Management goes according to the cause of disease. In the long run, this is dangerous to the leg tissues (if not treated).

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|