Q. Why is one of my legs swollen to twice the size of other?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
Published on Apr 26, 2018

My left leg is swollen to twice the size of my right leg. I am 65 years old and weigh 72 kg. I am currently on painkillers as it hurts like hell. Could you please advise?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiology Critical Care Physician General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

I have reviewed your health query and can understand you are worried about your leg swelling.

It can be due to one of the many reasons like:

1. Compromised blood supply to the area.
  2. Blocked venous drainage.
  3. Blocked lymphatic drainage.
  4. Infection.
  5. Inflammation of the leg.
  6. Compartment syndrome.

In such a situation the best next step is to go to the hospital for proper investigation of the cause. Management goes according to the cause of disease. In the long run, this is dangerous to the leg tissues (if not treated).

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Is there any abnormality in my ECG reports?

Query: Hello doctor, Can you read my ECG and tell me why it says abnormal?  Read Full »

Heart Attack: the Silent Killer in 21st Century

Article Overview: Heart diseases are extremely common in the present day given the modern lifestyle and the numerous stresses existing in the 21st century. This article enumerates the causes of heart attack, elaborates the symptoms of heart attack and deals with preventive and therapeutic strategies. Read Article

Ischemia refers to an obstruction in blood flow. Ischemic heart disease (IHD) is a spectrum that includes angina pectoris, atherosclerosis, coronary artery disease and myocardial infarction. Acute myocardial infarction, commonly known as heart attack, is a serious problem. Heart Attack - Typical Pr...  Read Article

Ringworm Infections

Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the preventive measures for ringworm infections. Read Article

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Medical Name: Tinea corporis This is an infective condition of the skin that is caused by fungus which has tendency to grow fast in the hot, humid regions of the body. Facts About Ringworm Infections: Ring worm infection affects people of all age groups and has a worldwide distribution. It...  Read Article