Syphilis Transmission

What does a genital wart look like?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a protected sex with escort 15 days ago. We did not kiss or do anything without a condom. Today, I noticed a bump next to my scrotum that looks like a wart. I cannot remember whether it was there before. I just noticed it today and it seems to burn. It terrifies me that it may be a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and honestly it does not seem to be anything related to sexually transmittable disease. It is not a wart too. You did not mention whether it is painful or exhibiting any other sym...  Read Full »

Can you get syphilis from drinking in someone's cup?

Query: Hello doctor, Are there any chances of me getting syphilis by drinking a beverage that someone with syphilis already sipped?  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, you will not acquire syphilis just by having a drink sipped by a person with syphilis. Modes of transmission of syphilis are: Commonly through sexual contact. From pregnant mother to child. Through blood transfusion. Moreover, the bacteria causing syphil...  Read Full »

What does the RPR titer of 1:2 mean?

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding a syphilis test RPR ratio.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please post your query. Regards. For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist  Read Full »

Please explain the window period of syphilis.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 36 years old, and my partner is 55 years old. We have been in an exclusive relationship for over three years. Throughout the entire relationship, I never had sexual contact with anyone other than him. He got a rash before two months. The GP diagnosed it as shingles. But after seeing...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Dutt Mathur

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The median incubation period (interval between contracting infection and clinical manifestations) of primary syphilis is 21 days (ranges from 10 to 90 days), and it rarely exceeds six weeks. Once the primary sore appears, it persists for four to six weeks, and then it h...  Read Full »

I got small bumps on the penis after oral sex. Can it be syphilis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have five small bumps appeared on the head of my penis after I had oral sex. It has been two months now, but it is still there. I have attached the photo. Also about two weeks ago I got rash on my hands, around the feet, and legs. When I consulted a doctor he said it is probably syphili...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need few more details to guide you. Please do tell me the complaint in the bump and rash? After how many days of exposure had you undergone RPR (rapid plasma reagin)? Revert back with the answers for the above questions to a venereologist online --> ¬†https://www.icl...  Read Full »