Q. Can physiological rise in total T3 and T4 levels indicate pregnancy?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

I recently had my thyroid test done. I am attaching the reports of the same. The note reads that a physiological rise in total T3 and T4 levels are seen in pregnancy and patients on steroids. Does it mean that I am pregnant? I am worried.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

Your thyroid level is upto normal level. The preference range given in the reports is for pregnant female (attachment removed to protect patient identity), not for non-pregnant female. And Thyroid levelnever determines pregnancy.

If you had unprotected intercourse and delayed menses, then you can go for UPT test for confirmation of pregnancy.

| 

Can you suggest me any medicine for my thyroid?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

You have mild isolated T4 elevated levels. Kindly follow the following instructions:

1. Repeat thyroid test after three months.

2. Check anti-TPO level.

3. If both levels are elevated, then only required to start medicine, otherwise no need.

| 

HSG report shows some problem in left fallopian tube. Can I conceive naturally?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I have gone for all relevant test for checking infertility. My AMH and thyroid report are both normal. My HSG report is showing issues about the left tube. I am attaching my report kindly review and let me know if I can conceive naturally or next what should I do?  Read Full »

What should I do to get a normal TSH level?

Query: Hi doctor, Last year, when I checked my thyroid profile my T3 and T4 were in normal range. But, my TSH level was greater than 150 (normal range 0.35 - 5.50). My doctor prescribed me 100 mg Eltroxin. After three months, my T3 181.7 (normal range 60 -180) and T4 15.2 (normal range 4.50 - 12.60). T3 an...  Read Full »

What is causing frequent miscarriages?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had four miscarriages in a row. One had a subchronic hematoma. Is there a reason for this or a way to stop? I have given live births but now I cannot keep a child. What can I do?  Read Full »