Tablet Montair Lc

Will Levolin, budecort inhalers and Montair LC kid cause any side effect in a 6-year-old boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 6 years old. He got lung allergy so the doctor gave Levolin 100 and Budecort inhalers and some syrup like Montair LC kid. So my son is getting free from the fever, coughs, and cold by using these medicines. After completion of these medicines course, he is repeating with the...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The doctor has given the right treatment and please follow his instructions. The inhalers are safe and do not have any side effects as the dose of medicine is in micrograms which is very small. The allergic problem will resolve by itself as he grows. Sweating when f...  Read Full »

Does Montek LC treat a dry cough?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 3 years old. She is having a dry cough since four days. My doctor prescribed Asthalin and Levolin along with Montek LC. Will these help in settling the cough?  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. May I suggest: It Seems your doctor is treating her for an allergic lower respiratory tract infection. He is right. It should help in settling the cough. Take extra precaution for dust and stressors. If she does not respond within two days then she will need to be...  Read Full »

Please suggest an alternate tablet for Montair LC.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old male. I have breathing problem for the past eight to 10 years. I develop breathing difficulty during the humid or warm seasons like July to September, for which I take Montair LC once every two days at night-time. Sometimes, if I forget and I experience breathlessnes...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneel Mukati

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have seasonal bronchial asthma. For confirmation, get the chest X-ray and spirometry done. An Asthalin inhaler alone will not be helpful. I suggest you take Fluticasone, alone or in combination with Formoterol (Formoflo 250). A...  Read Full »

Please suggest a way to discontinue Montair-LC.

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. When I was 5 years old, I had pneumonia. At that time I was fully cured. Now, I am suffering from cough, cold and sneezing for so many days. My doctor recommended many medicines along with Montair-LC. Everything is fine now, but the problem is that I have t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history. It appears that you have allergic rhinitis, asthma or bronchitis. It would be of help to know what other medications you are taking. Are you using any inhalers? I would not suggest discontinuing Montair-LC (combination of M...  Read Full »

My 4-year-old son is suffering from reactive airway disease. Is it safe to use Montair LC kid?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is four and a half years old, and he is suffering from reactive airway disease (enclosing the reports and prescription). Kindly suggest based on the above medication that till how long we can safely go ahead with Montair LC Kid. Is there any upper limit of giving this. I am very ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that the medications prescribed are to the best of my knowledge. Montelukast has been prescribed for patients for prolonged periods extending up to even two years without any problems. It uses has shown reduced requirements of admission and improving the ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment plan for cough with wheezing and sneezing?

Query: Hello doctor,I got a kidney transplant done six years back. Currently, I am taking immunosuppressants Tacrolimus 1.5, Azoran 50 mg, and Wysolone 5 mg. Renal parameters are normal. Six months back, I started with a cough slowly increased to wheezing and sneezing. I took antibiotic from GP for seven ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, let me assure you that you are not the only one with the same history to me. There are lots and lots of my patients suffering from this. Now see, this is actually pollution induced and a lot of people are experiencing this kind of a non-resolving cough. M...  Read Full »

Is it safe to use tablet Montair-LC daily for asthma?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from asthma for the past five years. I am taking Montair LC daily for the last four years. If I do not take it, then I have to take the inhaler daily. The inhaler I use is Foracort 400 rotacaps. Is it safe to use Montair LC daily? I have been using it daily for the last t...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Asthma is a chronic disease affecting the airways. The treatment of asthma usually runs for a long time. Treatment of asthma usually consists of two types of inhalers. One called as presenters, which needs to be taken daily and other is a reliever, which needs to be t...  Read Full »