Q. Please suggest a way to discontinue Montair-LC.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 04, 2019

I am an 18 year old female. When I was 5 years old, I had pneumonia. At that time I was fully cured. Now, I am suffering from cough, cold and sneezing for so many days. My doctor recommended many medicines along with Montair-LC. Everything is fine now, but the problem is that I have to take Montair-LC regularly. When I try to stop this medicine, I feel suffocating. I am taking this medicine over the last three months. In early days I used to take it regularly, but nowadays I am taking it alternate days. I am bound to take it otherwise I feel suffocating and start coughing. According to doctors and my reports everything is fine. Please suggest a way to discontinue this medicine. Thank you.

#

I have gone through your history.

• It would be of help to know what other medications you are taking. Are you using any inhalers?
  • I would not suggest discontinuing Montair-LC (combination of Montelukast and Levocetirizine dihydrochloride). I have patients to whom it has been very helpful in asthma and seasonal allergies.

1. Asthma.
2. Seasonal allergies.
3. Allergic rhinitis.

1. Patch test to investigate the type of allergies.
2. Pulmonary function test (PFT) to look for asthma.

Continue the medicine now; you may try to discontinue it in summer.

Avoid allergens like dander, polls, pets and carpets as we are in need to identify the allergen first.

Follow up in three months, to consider tapering off the Montair-LC to an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|