Q. Is it safe to use Montair LC kid in a 4-year-old for reactive airway disease?

Answered by Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Tablet Montair Lc or Cough? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My son is four and a half years old, and he is suffering from reactive airway disease (enclosing the reports and prescription). Kindly suggest based on the above medication that till how long we can safely go ahead with Montair LC Kid. Is there any upper limit of giving this. I am very skeptical about continuing it in the long run.

He is completely fine with this medicine, but if I skip a single dose, he starts coughing just anyways and ends up vomiting everything he had. So I keep on giving him a daily dose of MLC kid. Also, he is a bit aggressive and impatient. I do not know whether these are the emotional changes associated with this medicine. Please tell me that is he losing his natural immunity due to this.