Q. Will Asthalin, Levolin and Montek LC help settle dry cough?

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Published on Feb 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 15, 2019

My daughter is 3 years old. She is having a dry cough since four days. My doctor prescribed Asthalin and Levolin along with Montek LC. Will these help in settling the cough?

#

May I suggest:

It Seems your doctor is treating her for an allergic lower respiratory tract infection. He is right. It should help in settling the cough.

Take extra precaution for dust and stressors.

If she does not respond within two days then she will need to be evaluated.

Focus on a high protein diet and building immunity to prevent an attack.

Avoid eating cold foods.

Give warm saline gargles.

You can try home remedies for cough.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

My son is suffering from asthma.He is using asthalin inhaler.Do you suggest any other medicines?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 13 years old. We are based in Greater Noida which is in the outskirts of Delhi.Since he was five years old he as been suffering from asthma whenever there is season change during March/April and October during which he generally starts getting allergic cold. I used to earlier...  Read Full »

70 year old has cough accompanied by wheezing. Is it advisable to try Asthalin?

Query: Hello doctor, My father (aged 70) is suffering from coughing and light fever (varying between 99 to 101) for the past 10 days now. Medical tests (attached) do not seem to reveal anything, and the prescribed medicines (see below) do not improve things. Coughing is now also accompanied by wheezing so...  Read Full »

I am experiencing dry cough for last 2 months. I did blood test to see something wrong. Here are the results

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I am experiencing dry cough for last 2 months. I visited local doctors two weeks back and they have suggested Deriphyllin R twice a day, Azithral A once a day and Allrite once a day for 5 days. But the cough returned after the course completed. I had slight press...  Read Full »