Q. My son is taking Levolin, Budecort and Montair LC for lung infection. Will these cause side effects?

Dr. Preeti Puranik

My son is 6 years old. He got lung allergy so the doctor gave Levolin 100 and Budecort inhalers and some syrup like Montair LC kid. So my son is getting free from the fever, coughs, and cold by using these medicines. After completion of these medicines course, he is repeating with the same cough, cold and fever. Where as he will not eat any foods like chocolates and other flavored items, but he eats very rarely.

On using these medicines is there any side effect in his growing future? I want to know is there any permanent solution for him without using these medicines and being healthy? And he is getting this problem when there are changes in weather and if he eats any chocolate and other foods. My son gets a fever with a high temperature of 101 and goes to 103 degree celcius. Sometimes we used to give him Meftal 8 ml and P-250 or Calpol for every four hours when the temperature was 100. After giving these medicines he was being sweated a lot specially on his head. Why there is sweating from head? Is this sweating from head cause any problem? How long should he use these mediciens? What are the foods that are good for him and can we give him dry fruits and fruits? Which are best for him?

#

The doctor has given the right treatment and please follow his instructions. The inhalers are safe and do not have any side effects as the dose of medicine is in micrograms which is very small. The allergic problem will resolve by itself as he grows.

Sweating when fever reduces is very common and not a matter of concern. After the course of calcium and vitamin D3 sweating problem will also reduce. About the food discuss with your pediatrician as it depends on the individual child. Dry fruits can be given but few children mat have a nut allergy.

|