Q. I cannot stop talking to myself. What should I do?

Dr. Vivek Arun Kumar

I am 22 years old. Recently, I have noticed that I cannot stop talking to myself. I start conversations and even arguments with people that I create in my mind. I not only talk to them but also get certain mannerisms and facial expressions during the arguments as if it was absolutely a real one. Moreover, I cannot cope with my life and reality as well. I am almost always considering suicide or self-harm and I fear I will do something bad. I feel like screaming really loud and punching everybody and everything. Then, I just want to lie down, listen to music, put myself in imaginative situations where I am the most excellent, powerful person. Sometimes I wake up at night and the voices in my head wake me up. I feel angry at myself and want to strangle my brain. Please help me.

#

I understand what you are going through.

• You have made the right choice to seek help as it is the first step to get better. There are a few suggestions:
  1. Open up about these problems with a person you trust and along with that person consult a doctor.
  2. Make no important decisions at this stage and try thinking about what is most important in your life which brings meaning to it.
  3. Your experiences are common in people who are faced with unbearable distress. But there are always solutions to overcome them. So, focus on finding them.

Hope this was helpful.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|