Q. Is it possible to remove a tattoo without injury or scar?

Dr. Vikram
Published on Sep 27, 2019

Tattoo removal, can tattoo be removed without injury to the skin or creating a scar? I have gone for two sessions for laser treatment for tattoo removal, and each time there were multiple pinhole injuries, and the tattoo has not faded even a single bit. Is this treatment I am receiving appropriate?

Dr. Vikram

Cosmetology Hair Transplant Surgeon Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic
#

Tattoo removal by a laser that is Q-switch laser causes these pinpoint spots as you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is a normal phenomenon after laser. But it does not usually create scar if done correctly. Also, it would take at least six to eight sessions for the laser to take effect, so it is too early to say now. Laser tattoo removal is the best way to remove a tattoo for you than a surgical procedure.

| 

I am worried about HIV after getting a tattoo. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I received a tattoo recently. The artist used a new needle, a new tune and a new ink pot. The ink was poured directly into the ink pot from a larger bottle, and he throws the ink out after each tattoo. He did not clean the gun grip. He did clean my arm before the tattoo was applied and ag...  Read Full »

I am affected by vitiligo disease in the lower lip. Which medicine should I take?

Query: Hello doctor, I am affected by vitiligo disease in the lower lip. The doctor suggested taking Decapeptide lotion Melgain. I also have taken, but it does not work. Now I did not receive any medicine. So which medicine should I take?  Read Full »

Melasma (Dark Patches on Face): How to Get Rid of Them

Article Overview: Melasma is one of the most common hyperpigmentation disorder that results in dark patches on the sun-exposed areas. Read the article to know more. Read Article

Causes Melasma is an acquired hyperpigmentation where there is a formation of dark brown patches and spots on the skin of the face and sun-exposed areas. When it is induced by pregnancy, it is called chloasma. It is more common in women, especially, those in their reproductive years, but about 10 %...  Read Article

Ask a Plastic Surgeon Now