Q. How to get rid of teacher's nodules?

Dr. Deepak Verma
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2019

I am suffering from teacher's nodules. It is on and off for the past eight months. I took some medication, which was prescribed by my doctor. Whenever I keep mum, my voice is improved. But, I cannot stop speaking loud due to my profession. I really want to get rid of them as I feel heavy, cracked and low pitch voice. Please help me.

#

I can very well understand your problem.

• Teacher's nodules (vocal cord nodules) occur in teachers, singers and children due to vocal trauma. Voice rest is the foremost recommended treatment for such nodule.
  • I suggest tablet Pantop 40 mg (Pantoprazole) daily in empty stomach and do steam inhalation twice a day for two weeks.
  • Avoid hot and spicy foods and do not gargle. Will all these, you will feel better.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

The drug that you suggested is used for controlling acid production in the stomach and intestine. I read on the internet that it has many side effects too. Will it be helpful in my condition? How?

#

• Yes, you are correct. This is used to treat acid problem and it also have a role in vocal nodule. This will definitely help you.

For further doubts consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Sorry, I got a doubt after reading on the internet. When I can feel some change?

#

• You just complete the two weeks course and let me know.

For further doubts consult an ENT otolaryngologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Thank you doctor.

#

You are always welcome.

Revert back after two weeks to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Hello dr . As I consulted you last year and taking pantop 40 mg tab daily for teacher's nodule but nowadays or from many days it's been of no help as I m not able to test my voice .Kindly suggest something .
# u need to get a throat endoscopy done. Review back with endoscopy report. It happens with vocal nodules. There is nothing to worry. U can send me reports I will definitely answer ur query.

|