Q. How to get rid of teacher's nodules?

Dr. Deepak Verma
Published on Sep 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2019

I am suffering from teacher's nodules. It is on and off for the past eight months. I took some medication, which was prescribed by my doctor. Whenever I keep mum, my voice is improved. But, I cannot stop speaking loud due to my profession. I really want to get rid of them as I feel heavy, cracked and low pitch voice. Please help me.

Dr. Deepak Verma

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

I can very well understand your problem.

• Teacher's nodules (vocal cord nodules) occur in teachers, singers and children due to vocal trauma. Voice rest is the foremost recommended treatment for such nodule.
  • I suggest tablet Pantop 40 mg (Pantoprazole) daily in empty stomach and do steam inhalation twice a day for two weeks.
  • Avoid hot and spicy foods and do not gargle. Will all these, you will feel better.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

The drug that you suggested is used for controlling acid production in the stomach and intestine. I read on the internet that it has many side effects too. Will it be helpful in my condition? How?

Dr. Deepak Verma

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

• Yes, you are correct. This is used to treat acid problem and it also have a role in vocal nodule. This will definitely help you.

For further doubts consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Sorry, I got a doubt after reading on the internet. When I can feel some change?

Dr. Deepak Verma

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

• You just complete the two weeks course and let me know.

For further doubts consult an ENT otolaryngologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Thank you doctor.

Dr. Deepak Verma

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

You are always welcome.

Revert back after two weeks to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Hello dr . As I consulted you last year and taking pantop 40 mg tab daily for teacher's nodule but nowadays or from many days it's been of no help as I m not able to test my voice .Kindly suggest something .

Dr. Deepak Verma

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
# u need to get a throat endoscopy done. Review back with endoscopy report. It happens with vocal nodules. There is nothing to worry. U can send me reports I will definitely answer ur query.

My father's ENT found a small lesion at his vocal fold. Is this something serious?

Query: Hi doctor, This is regarding the health of my 57 year old father. He is a non-smoker, vegetarian, and a non-drinker. He had a complaint of a low voice since the last 10 days. Yesterday, he had to visit an ENT for a check up. They did a video laryngoscopy and found a small lesion at the vocal ju...  Read Full >>

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is a vocal nodule that is common in those who are involved in teaching or singing. The initial treatment plan will be a trial of drugs for one or two weeks and if it is decreased, then it i...  Read Full

Why does my 7-year-old have breathing difficulty, cough and throat pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My 7 year old daughter has difficulty in breathing. Sometimes, she also makes noise while breathing. She has frequent cough and pain in the throat. The doctor advised a few medications. There was a little relief after two days. After exemption of medicine, the breathing difficulty, cough...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following precautions are very important for your child: Avoid cool drinks. Avoid sour fruits like lemon, orange, etc. Give steam inhalation with a drop or two of Benzoine tincture. Avoid outside food, fried food, and colored food. Gargle with warm salt water twice ...  Read Full

I have serious sleep paralysis with shortness of breath. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having serious sleep paralysis. In it I feel like I can move my muscle a bit like slightly moving my finger or speaking short words like "maa". But I think I am hallucinating that too. Plus I am having acute bronchitis in this case and have to breathe through the mouth. So I have...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sunil Sekhri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As far as your bronchitis is concerned, I advise my patients to avoid smoking and take steam inhalation twice a day. I also advise syrup Phensedyl BR (Ambroxol and Guaifenesin) 2.5 ml twice a day for five days and tablet Allegra M one tablet at night for five days. If ...  Read Full