Q. How to cure vocal folds swelling?

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi
Published on Mar 28, 2016

I am suffering from vocal folds swelling. I feel my voice is too low. Local ENT specialist advised me to take steam through mouth. Please help me out.

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

• Vocal cord swelling may be due to various causes like respiratory tract infection, gastric reflux, voice abuse, etc.
  • So, first thing you need to do is absolute voice rest for couple of days and maintaining proper voice hygiene. Except that to minimize reflux, avoid spicy and fried foods.
  • For supportive treatment you can take Rabeprazole 20 mg once a day. Steam inhalation is a good curative method.

1. Take plenty of fluid intake orally.
2. Take absolute voice rest.
3. Have steam inhalation.
4. Take capsule Rabeprazole 20 mg once a day.

1. Avoid spicy and fried foods.
2. Avoid frequent throat cleaning.
3. Avoid shouting, screaming, whispering and lengthy conversation.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

What causes fever and blocked ears with cough?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a fever with a cough. I have blocked ear. What can I do?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having upper respiratory tract infection. You can have associated middle ear infection because of the presence of ear pain. You can take Levocetirizine for five days. For fever and pain relief, you can take Paracetamol 500 mg. Steam inhalation can be done three ...  Read Full

Can severe acid reflux turn my teeth translucent, and cause gums to recede?

Query: Hi doctor, Lately, I noticed that my teeth are not the best looking. I had acid reflux. I looked up a lot of stuff about acid in the mouth, and looking at my teeth I think this is what is happening. My teeth started turning translucent two weeks ago. When I looked it up, it said that it could occur...  Read Full >>

Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms that you have explained are right. If you have acid reflux problem and in your case, it looks like there is too much of acid refluxing in your mouth from the stomach. This acid can erode your teeth making the enamel thin due to loss of minerals. I have common...  Read Full

I have serious sleep paralysis with shortness of breath. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having serious sleep paralysis. In it I feel like I can move my muscle a bit like slightly moving my finger or speaking short words like "maa". But I think I am hallucinating that too. Plus I am having acute bronchitis in this case and have to breathe through the mouth. So I have...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sunil Sekhri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As far as your bronchitis is concerned, I advise my patients to avoid smoking and take steam inhalation twice a day. I also advise syrup Phensedyl BR (Ambroxol and Guaifenesin) 2.5 ml twice a day for five days and tablet Allegra M one tablet at night for five days. If ...  Read Full