Q. My teeth are turning brownish even after using Hexidine mouthwash. Please help.

Dr. Ummah Mohammad
Published on Oct 05, 2019

I have a problem with my teeth. I started using Hexidine mouthwash last month for whitening of teeth, but it is not helping me, and soon my teeth are becoming brownish at some places. What should I do to clean it?

#

Using Chlorhexidine mouthwash for more than 15 days in continuation causes brownish discoloration, that is the reason your teeth are becoming brownish. Now that you have developed chlorhexidine discoloration, I do not think scaling will be of any use. Instead, I would suggest you for either bleaching or veneering. Veneering is the solution for the type of stains that you have developed. Dental veneers are thin flakes of tooth-colored material, which are applied over the original teeth.

Good luck.

Esthetic Dentistry - for You to Smile with Confidence

Article Overview: Facial Esthetics is gaining more and more popularity as we get increasingly concerned about our beauty. Our teeth play a major role in beautifying our smile and overall aesthetics. A smile is the best make up anyone can wear. This article will brief you about the various treatment options a dentist can offer you to adorn your smile. Read Article

Facial esthetics is gaining more and more popularity as we get increasingly concerned about our beauty. Our teeth play a major role in beautifying our smile and overall aesthetics. A smile is the best make up anyone can wear. This article will brief you about the various treatment options a dentist ...  Read Article

What causes white spots to appear on teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have two small white spots on the lower portion of my front tooth. Can it be removed by¬†microabrasion? Is the procedure worth? Please guide.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are several reasons for the white spots on your teeth. Usually, white spots appear when the mineral content in the outer part of the teeth (enamel) is less. White spots could also occur due to high fluoride level in the drinking water or nutritional deficiency du...  Read Full

My teeth seem to be yellow. Can I go for teeth whitening?

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 26. My teeth seem to be yellow in color from the past few years. I do not have any other dental issues. So, I want an advice from the doctor that can I go for teeth whitening? Is it safe? Will it create any teeth problems in future? Or it may affect my health in any way? How lo...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tooth discoloration can be caused either due to internal stains or external stains. If the discoloration in your case is due to external factors, then you can simply go for scaling or cleaning of the teeth which is very safe for everyone. Teeth whitening or bleaching...  Read Full