Q. My teeth seem to be yellow. Can I go for teeth whitening?

Dr. Asma Parveen

My age is 26. My teeth seem to be yellow in color from the past few years. I do not have any other dental issues. So, I want an advice from the doctor that can I go for teeth whitening? Is it safe? Will it create any teeth problems in future? Or it may affect my health in any way? How long will the teeth remain white after treatment? How much does it cost? Any experienced dentist please advice me on this.

#

Tooth discoloration can be caused either due to internal stains or external stains. If the discoloration in your case is due to external factors, then you can simply go for scaling or cleaning of the teeth which is very safe for everyone. Teeth whitening or bleaching can be done in cases of internal staining. It is done using certain chemicals, results are good, but you need to be little cautious while having colored food like tea, coffee, etc. But if you have teeth sensitivity, then bleaching would not be a good idea as it can lead to more sensitivity. Your teeth will remain white as long as you can maintain it with proper oral hygiene. Cost can vary according to the clinic. Otherwise, it will not affect your health in any other way.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|