Q. How can I change my teeth color to white permanently?

Dr. Georgios Chatzopoulos

My teeth color is yellowish. How can I change my teeth color to white permanently?

#

The teeth color is a result of genetics, nutrition and other habits such as smoking. If your teeth are healthy overall and caries free and you brush twice per day, teeth whitening can be performed but it lasts for about six months to two years. Permanent teeth whitening can be accomplished by putting on veneers (resin or porcelain) or crowns on your six front teeth. This can be done in a dentist's office.

If you pick veneers, your dentist will prepare your front six teeth by removing a small number of yellowish teeth and then he will replace it with resin or porcelain. The same will happen if you choose putting crown on but the amount of the tooth substance removed will be around the double. So, the solution I propose for permanent teeth whitening is veneers.

Nutrition, genetics, bad habits.

Putting on veneers or crowns.

Avoiding smoking, excessive red wine and coffee drinking, brushing twice a day thoroughly.

|