Q. How long will it take for roughness to go after teeth whitening?

Dr. Purva Jingar

I had a teeth whitening at the dentist office which was done with a light and some paste put on my teeth. The light was on for 10 minutes and then new paste was added. This was done three times. The Dentist then confirmed that the process was successful and the teeth became 3 to 4 shades whiter. After the procedure, I noticed that the surface of my teeth felt rough. My dentist told that it is normal and all teeth will become smooth like before after a few days. It has been now five days and I have not noticed any difference, my teeth are still rough from the surface. Should I be worried, or how long (days) this effect can last? I believe it is due to enamel dehydration.

#

This roughness will go eventually. In some people, it goes in a week or in two depending upon the tooth quality. Do not worry, just make sure you maintain your oral hygiene properly. And if it does not go, well, then I would suggest you visit your dentist once again because the treatment you had is bleaching in which chemicals are used and then the dentist will help you to correct. But at least give it time like one more week to get smooth surface again. After cleaning and whitening, it is normal to have a rough surface due to removing dirt from the teeth.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|