Teeth Whitening

How to remove yellow stains from teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow discoloration on my teeth. The stains persist even after getting my teeth cleaned. The nearby dentist informed that the stains are due to chlorine content in the water. What should I do to remove these stains?  Read Full »

Dr. Paras Angrish

Dentist, Pedodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowish discoloration of the tooth has multiple causes. In your case, as the stains are not going with cleaning and scaling, it can be due to any one of the following. Fluoride in water causing problems during tooth formation. Injury to the tooth during childhood. Any ...  Read Full »

Which toothpaste can be used to whiten teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to change my yellowish teeth to white. So which paste should I use?  Read Full »

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, see if the yellow shade is because of the calculus or your teeth shade is yellow. If it is plaque or calculus then you need to go to a dentist and get oral prophylaxis done. If the shade of your enamel is as such then do not bother much because there will be so m...  Read Full »

My Teeth Are Yellow.Is Scaling Only A Temporary Process To Clean The Teeth?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old. My teeth are yellow from childhood (from 10 years of age). A black layer is formed at the backside of teeth. When I see my teeth it seems very dirty and too much of creamy layer is formed on my teeth especially in lower canines and lower incisors. In the lower teeth...  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowing of teeth is mainly due to one of the following or a combination of these: Tartar or plaque deposits (soft yellowish deposits) on the teeth. Calculus deposits (calcified hard deposits) on the teeth. Fluorosis - internal discoloration of the teeth due to ...  Read Full »

How can I whiten my orange colored tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, My teeth are orange in color since I was born. What is the treatment to make them white?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. In case, there is any sort of stains, plaque or calculus, you need to visit a periodontist and get oral prophylaxis done with post-bleaching. In case, there is thin enamel and the yellowish discoloration ...  Read Full »

Can I have braces five years after teeth whitening?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to ask you that, can I have braces because five years back I had teeth whitening due to which I have many cracks in my teeth. So can I put braces or will it worsen it?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to answer your question in two parts. Firstly, I would like to give an honest opinion about your question that is will the braces further create more cracks in your original teeth? So answer is yes if you will go for conventional orthodontic treatment (in which m...  Read Full »

What can be done to whiten yellow teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have teeth of yellowish color. How can I whiten it?  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanga Kesavan

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be due to calculus deposit on the tooth surface. Please visit your dentist for scaling and if you get any further deposits even after scaling, you must go for polishing your tooth to get a white surface.  Read Full »

What can be done to change my teeth color to white permanently?

Query: Hello doctor, My teeth color is yellowish. How can I change my teeth color to white permanently?  Read Full »

Dr. Georgios Chatzopoulos

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The teeth color is a result of genetics, nutrition and other habits such as smoking. If your teeth are healthy overall and caries free and you brush twice per day, teeth whitening can be performed but it lasts for about six months to two years. Permanent teeth whiten...  Read Full »

Is activated charcoal effective for teeth whitening?

Query: Hello doctor, Is activated charcoal really effective for whitening teeth? I see that it is very popular in other parts of the world, while it is still gaining momentum in my country.  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do get many queries related to activated charcoal. There is neither absolute indication for its use nor evidence for its benefits. I suggest you start with a minimal amount at first. You may try it once or twice a day, and continue using it, if you get a favorable...  Read Full »

I cover my teeth with whitening trays while smoking. Is it fine?

Query: Hi doctor,I recently got my teeth whitening trays but I smoke too. But when I am smoking, I use the trays to cover my teeth. No, I do not bleach at that time. I just use the tray to cover my teeth. Is that fine? My trays smell like tobacco. Does that matter?  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. See, you have to choose either one side. You have got stains due to smoking too and that you know. Whatever treatment you undergo, smoking is going to degrade it, and you will ultimately get stains again (in this case). I might sound rude...  Read Full »

Use of teeth whitening strips caused a burning sensation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have braces. Sometimes, I use whitening strips. Recently, it has caused a sharp burning feeling. Do I have a cavity?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are not having any cavities. It is dentin hypersensitivity. It is the most common problem caused by the use of whitening strips, followed by gum irritation. The peroxide chemical in the whiten...  Read Full »