Q. Baby is chewing on his tongue. Can this be due to teething?

Dr. Sirisha

My son is 4 months old and started chewing on his tongue. Is this due to teething?

#

Teething usually starts about six months of age, but at this time kids try to pet objects more often in the mouth because that is the way they try to learn about objects. It is very natural. But if your child is continually biting on the tongue and not occasionally, it could be something else. You can take a short video that would be more helpful. You can discuss with your doctor when you visit.

|