Teething

Can diarrhea be caused due to teething?

Query: Hi doctor,My 10-months-old daughter got a fever. I have been rotating between Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours or as I feel necessary based on her temperature. Yesterday I did not give her anything for a couple of hours, and the fever spiked to 103.6. I gave her Motrin, and it went back down to 100....  Read Full »

Dr. Bichitrovanu Sarkar

Child Health Specialist, Criticalcare Physician, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many thanks for your query. Very often we put down these symptoms to teething, but this usually is a viral illness - a viral upper respiratory tract infection URTI. Teething by itself does not cause these symptoms, it is just that it is the same age that they start tee...  Read Full »

One of my molars is swollen. Does that mean eruption of new tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and my grandfather said I might be teething because one of my molars are swollen. He said once I lose this molar, a new one comes in. Is that true?  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He is not wrong nor right. If your molar in the age of 8 was not replaced with a permanent one and if there is any chance of having a molar in eruption stage then it may be true. Generally swelling around teeth comes due to gum inflammation or due to some infection i...  Read Full »

How can I get relief from discomfort caused due to wisdom tooth eruption?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting wisdom teeth at the back of my mouth. Now I am 22. But I am teething and it feels uncomfortable. What to do to get relief from it?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Wisdom tooth eruption will occur periodically. You will feel pain and pressure in months. For relief, you may take tablet Brufen 400 mg twice a day for three days. Put oral gel Clinica (Chlorhexidine with Metronidazole) three to four times a day for a week in that particu...  Read Full »

Is the baby chewing on his tongue due to teething?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 4 months old and started chewing on his tongue. Is this due to teething?  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Teething usually starts about six months of age, but at this time kids try to pet objects more often in the mouth because that is the way they try to learn about objects. It is very natural. But if your child is continually biting on the tongue and not occasionally, it...  Read Full »

What are these orange and red lumps above the top teeth of my 10-month-old?

Query: Hello doctor, My 10-month-old baby is cutting her top tooth and there are orange and red lumps above where the tooth has started to come. What are these lumps? I have attached few pictures for your reference.  Read Full »

Dr. Paras Angrish

Dentist, Pedodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As your child is 10 months old, the upper teeth should have been erupted by this time. But three to six months delay is normal and it looks like your child is putting teether in his mouth ...  Read Full »

My 18 weeks old baby is becoming irritable, crying, and biting her hands. Could this be teething?

Query: Hello doctor,My 18 weeks old baby appears to have less interest in her bottles. She is only drinking approximately 20 to 24 ounces of milk instead of the recommended 30 to 35. She has become more irritable, crying, biting her hands and tethers. When I give her a bottle, she drinks a few ounces then ...  Read Full »

Dr. Laurent Hiffler

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your feelings and preoccupations. I might have to ask you a few more questions but here are some attempts to give you a beginning of an answer. Well, I would be dishonest if I would send you the miracle answer. But let us try together. What was your little...  Read Full »