iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersInternal MedicinetelmisartanWhy do I feel dizzy when I take BP medications?

I feel dizzy when I take my BP medications. Please advise.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At August 20, 2017
Reviewed AtJanuary 12, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am a 35 year old male. I was recently diagnosed with high BP. The doctor asked me to get a lipid profile test done and the results were normal. So, he prescribed Tazloc 40 but, when I took this medicine I felt very dizzy. I am unable to work and it is affecting my job as well.  I am waiting for your opinion. My previous medication was Nortipan for leg pain. I want your advice as soon as possible.

I went through your post.

• Your age is 35, which means you are young. However, you have not mentioned how much your BP reading was raised by.
    • Tazloc (Telmisartan) is a good drug, but unless your BP was more than 160/90, it would cause giddiness.
      • Nortipan (a combination of Nortriptyline and Pregabalin) will also cause giddiness.

Patient's Query

My highest range was 139/90 and today morning, it was 120/80.

• Well, I do not think that you need Tazloc then. A simple diet modification like low-salt diet and plenty of fruits and a regular brisk walk of 30 to 40 minutes for five days a week is good enough for you.
  • Your BP is not in the hypertension range. It actually is considered to be in the prehypertension range and needs only a diet control.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Rheumatology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy