Q. Can my symptoms of ringing in ears and mild headache be due to brain cancer?

Dr. Aida Quka
Published on Nov 03, 2018

I am a 19-year-old boy since the last six months. I am feeling physical symptoms like a tight band wrapped around my head anytime, tightness and pain in the neck, ringing ears, stuffy nose, sneezing, upset stomach, bloating, gas, back pain, eye strain, red eyes, mild headaches above eyebrows, tense muscles, sudden chills, shivering, sometimes sweating, dry mouth, nausea, weakness, constant feeling of having a big disease like a brain tumor, cancer. I had done MRI brain a few months back and the report was normal. But after I again start worrying that I have got a brain tumor after MRI.

I cannot concentrate on my studies. I am anytime worrying. Please convey me that how much time is needed for a brain tumor to grow. Does it grow in a few months? I have spent a lot of money on the scan reports. Everything is normal. Please convey me.

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

Your brain MRI is perfectly normal, so we can completely exclude any possible brain tumor. In my opinion, your symptoms are compatible with a tension-type headache, which is a benign type of headache related to psychological stress. I recommend performing yoga and regular physical activity.

This MRI was taken in January month. So, can we exclude brain tumor? Does it not grow after January? How much time is required to grow? Please convey me. Can I be relax about serious disease?

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

No, it does not grow so fast. Besides, the reason why you performed a brain MRI, I suppose was persistent headaches, so you were symptomatic at that time.

In my opinion you have nothing to worry about. Wishing you a good health.

Are you sure that it does not grow in little time? How much time does it need to grow?

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

It may need up to 1 to 2 years to develop. Anyway, if you are so anxious, I would recommend follow up after a year with brain MRI. This will help calm your anxiety.

According to you, is it not a serious problem?

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

Yes, in my opinion it is not a serious problem. Just relax and do not worry about it.

Are not the symptoms I mentioned above serious? Please use your all experience of neurology and check again all the symptoms. Can I completely be relax?

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

HI,

Yes, I think that you can relax. There is no reason to think that there is going to grow a tumor in your head. You should know that most of chronic headaches are not related to brain tumor.

So, just relax and try not to think about it.

What is the reason for ringing ears, tightness around the head anytime, dizziness, dry mouth and heavy feel in head and mild headaches?

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

I think that chronic fatigue syndrome could be related to your complaints.

Can anxiety causes this chronic fatigue syndrome? The dizziness does not occur permanently, it occurs sudden sometimes and two or three times in a week. And, my vision is also little weak. Is this a problem to worry?

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

welcome back to icliniq.com.

I think anxiety is playing an important role in all this clinical situation. Regarding your eyes, I recommend consulting with an ophthalmologist.

In your medical science experience, had you seen any patient with the same condition? I frequently have mild headaches in day. This is also related to stress or anxiety.

I could not concentrate on my study. Please help me. Sometimes sensation in the head also the reason?

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

I have seen a lot of patients like you in my daily practice and there is no reason to panic. Your last MRI is enough to exclude any serious medical conditions.

The pressure on your head is related to psychological stress, including the strange feeling and headaches. You have difficulty in concentration because you are always thinking about your fears (brain tumour, serious medical conditions, etc.,).

Coming to this point, I recommend practicing yoga and meditation. Recreational sports can help too. If this situation persists, I recommend consulting with a psychologist for psychotherapy.

Can Aleve and Goody's powder cause stomach upset?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a migraine, so I took two tablets of Aleve. It did not work, so I took Goody's powder, but the pain was still there, so I took another one. The migraine pain has gone, but my stomach seems to be upset.  Read Full »

Why am I feeling hand cramps and leg twitches after stopping Seroquel?

Query: Hi doctor, I was on 600 to 900 mg of Seroquel for at least 5 years. I contacted my psychiatrist about stopping the medication when I realized it had been prescribed for a condition that I do not have. My doctor was not open to this conversation and I unwisely decided to stop the medicine on my own...  Read Full »

My sister has a headache that does not subside with pain medications. Please help.

Query: Hello, My sister has headaches from the last six months. Earlier, it was random, but from the last two months, it is continuous. The MRI is normal and no medicines are working. Please help.  Read Full »