Q. I suffer from severe headache, nausea and vomiting which does not subside on medication. Why?

Dr. Ajay Panwar
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Dec 14, 2019

I suffer a lot from headaches. Sometimes I have this pain on my whole head, but one side pains more. Sometimes I just have this pain on the back of my head. My neck and everything just pains I cannot even keep my eyes open or put my head down, or sleep. I have these headaches almost every day it is like off and on the whole day. Sometimes I spew, or I feel nauseous. I only take strong tablets like Syndol, Myprodol, Pynstop, and Damadol. But sometimes these pills do not work for me. I do not take Panado, Disprin or Grand-pa, it does not work for me and makes me spewy like. I would like your doctor's advice because these headaches have been going on for a very long time, and every year it is getting worse. Is this serious? What can I do about this? What type of headache is this? I know taking so many pills is not good. Please advice.

#

If you would have presented to me as an outpatient, I would have advised you to do mental relaxation exercises, yoga, and meditation. If I am asked to make a clinical diagnosis on the basis of medical history, I would say tension-type headache (TTH) without any doubt. Headache at the back of the head with associated neck pain, inability to put the head down and difficulty in getting sleep all are very classical for TTH. Meditation and yoga will definitely help if it is TTH.

Regarding drug therapy, my advice is to stop all the current medications you are taking and start taking tablet Tryptomer (Amitriptyline) 25 mg half tablet for initial two days and then full tablet daily while going to sleep in the night. Please take the medicines under the guidance of a physician only.

| 

My sister has a headache that does not subside with pain medications. Please help.

Query: Hello, My sister has headaches from the last six months. Earlier, it was random, but from the last two months, it is continuous. The MRI is normal and no medicines are working. Please help.  Read Full »

I feel a tight band like pressure on my head while wearing specs. When can I get rid of this feeling?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel a tight band like pressure around my head while wearing specs. I try not to flinch my head muscles while feeling the head pressure fearing it will escalate the pressure feeling. I started wearing specs from the age of 16, and now I am 19. I do not want to wear contact lenses an...  Read Full »

How can I reduce my depression?

Query: Hi doctor, When I wake up from my sleep, I feel empty. I am not willing to do my work. I neglect my study. I always stay alone in my room. I am feeling lonely. I got a breakup. After having a breakup, my depression got worse. I am crying every day for around seven months. I am unable to focus anymo...  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»