Testicle Correction

Orchiopexy is a condition that helps in correcting the condition called undescended testis, in which the testis is not placed in its usual descended position. It is either through the laparoscope or open surgery. If orchiopexy is not done, it can result in infertility and testicular cancer. Bleeding, pain, infection, and side effect of anesthesia are the possible complications after surgery.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My one testicle is horizontal, and another is vertical. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My left testicle is horizontal, and my right one is verticle. Sometimes my left testicle also gets verticle like the other but again goes back to horizontal. Is this an issue that I need to worry about? I have no pain, but my testicles move a lot, so I am worried. My left testicle als...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gentle movement in size and position of testes is normal and does not require any treatment. It would be best to get scrotal sonography done to confirm testicular location and size problems. If the scrotal scan is normal, then no need to worry, and treatment will not b...  Read Full »

How to manage buried penis?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband was born with a wholly buried penis, and it was never corrected. He is now 86 years old. He is also obese. I currently assist him with showers. Until now, we have been able to get his penis out by manipulating, but it has become increasingly difficult and traumatic. The las...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your husband is 86 years old male and he is not fit to go for general or spinal anesthesia but he can undergo local anesthesia. In my opinion there are two options, First apply Hydrocortisone cream on penis for six weeks twice daily and try to retract foreskin back ...  Read Full »

Are there any medicines to treat epididymal cysts?

Query: Hello doctor, I was operated for cryptorchidism when I was nine years. My left testicle is 3.5 by 2.5 cm. I feel this is too small. Please suggest tablets to increase its size. I have epididymal cysts 7 cm long in both testicles. I have burning sensation and numbness and pain. Suggest tablets for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The normal size of an adult testis is 3 by 4 cm with an approximate volume of 12 to 19 cc. Patients with a history of cryptorchidism may have a slightly smaller size of the testis at adult stage. However, the size of the testis does not matter as long as the semen f...  Read Full »

How to make both testicles the same size?

Query: Hello doctor, I had cryptorchidism surgery at the age of 9. Now, I am 24. My left testicle is 2.4 x 3.4 cm. My right testicle is 4.5 x 5.6 cm. I have been prescribed best tablets to increase the size of testis on the left side. Both my epididymides are out of testicles thus making them long. I am f...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have unequal testes. First of all, I would like to inform you that the most parable reason for the unequal size of testes is due to the very illness known as cryptorchidism. Unfortunately, there is no other treatment modality which can make the size of ...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of undescended testicle repair surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My son who is 11 years old now has a undescended right testicle. Ultrasound determined that it was in the inguinal canal when he was 8 years old. We have been waiting for it to come down, but it has not. Does the surgery to correct the testicle improve fertility? Or does it lessen the c...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest that surgical correction should be done to bring it down as low as possible. Reason being, it permits self palpation of testis for early detection of any tumor. Frequent ultrasound is not feasible or practical to think of. Self palpation can be done every da...  Read Full »

Can I lead a normal life with just one testis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I have only one testis. I have sexual feelings as a normal man would do. I am masturbating about once every week. Will a single testis cause any problem in the future? Recently, I had my first sex with my partner. At that time I was tensed and also had difficu...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears you are having a condition called cryptorchidism in which one of the testes is not present in the scrotum. There could be one of the two possibilities, either your testis has not developed at all or it has developed normally but has failed to move into th...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.