Q. Can urine get trapped into the testes and cause pain?

Dr. Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 15, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 06, 2019

I am 18 years old. I have been suffering from a few health problems for many years. I think that I have some problems with my testicles. They hang low, feel sensitive, and sometimes they pain (mild) when they get any push. Two months ago, I also had an ultrasound and color Doppler. Everything was normal. I also have some urinary problems. Every time I pee, some amount of urine get stuck inside my urethra and sometimes after shaking 1 or 2 drops comes out. I feel uncomfortable with this issue. 

As my testes hang low, I cannot walk without pushing them, and I feel tenderness there. I do not wear underwear in the evening hours. I have one doubt. Can urine go into the testes? When I cough or sneeze, I feel my urine is dribbling into testes. Do I need an ultrasound of scrotum? I had an ultrasound of kidney and abdomen before a year, which showed that everything is normal. I just had mild cystitis a year ago, and now I have this urine problem.

I also get some sticky, watery substance under my penis and above the testes.Sometimes it smells bad. Also, I am getting nightfalls once in every two days. I am uploading the images of my report and prescription for your reference.

#

• It is normal to have a few drops trapped in long urethra post voiding. After passing urine, apply gentle pressure on the underside of the penis to express this.
  • Urine will not go in your testicles and cause any problems.
  • Having semen discharge or nightfall is also completely normal.
  • Pain in testes is normal due to being suspended by spiral cremaster muscles. Young people feel more sensitivity, as you age this testes pain will progressively go away. Wear proper scrotal support or underwear.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|