Q. I have pain in my back, abdomen, and testicles. Do I have some major problem?

Dr. Raja Ramesh

I am a 39 years old male, and I have pain in my back, the right side of the abdomen, and testicles. My hair is falling rapidly, and I have developed gastritis. My eGFR value is 69, serum creatinine is 1.3, chloride is 106.9, bilirubin total is 1.81, bilirubin direct is 0.52, bilirubin indirect is 1.28, hemoglobin 17.5 g/dL, serum iron is 39, transferrin saturation is 10.58 %, and vitamin D is 20.42. Everything apart from this is fine. I am taking medicine for hypertension from when I was 30 years old. Do I have some major problem?

#

• From this details provided you have following problems.
  1. Stage 1 renal failure.
  2. Hypertension.
  3. Mild jaundice.
  • With the above condition, mild pain in testis and back is most likely due to a kidney problem. I would suggest following investigation and opinions for further decision.
  1. Ultrasonogram of the abdomen. 
  2. Doppler study of renal vessels.
  3. Ultrasonogram of the scrotum.
  4. Tc-MAG3 isotope renogram.
  5. Nephrology opinion for stage 1 renal failure.
  • Based on these reports further management may be planned.

For further queries consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|