Q. I have pain in my back, abdomen, and testicles. Do I have some major problem?

Dr. Raja Ramesh

I am a 39 years old male, and I have pain in my back, the right side of the abdomen, and testicles. My hair is falling rapidly, and I have developed gastritis. My eGFR value is 69, serum creatinine is 1.3, chloride is 106.9, bilirubin total is 1.81, bilirubin direct is 0.52, bilirubin indirect is 1.28, hemoglobin 17.5 g/dL, serum iron is 39, transferrin saturation is 10.58 %, and vitamin D is 20.42. Everything apart from this is fine. I am taking medicine for hypertension from when I was 30 years old. Do I have some major problem?

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrology Urology
#

• From this details provided you have following problems.
  1. Stage 1 renal failure.
  2. Hypertension.
  3. Mild jaundice.
  • With the above condition, mild pain in testis and back is most likely due to a kidney problem. I would suggest following investigation and opinions for further decision.
  1. Ultrasonogram of the abdomen. 
  2. Doppler study of renal vessels.
  3. Ultrasonogram of the scrotum.
  4. Tc-MAG3 isotope renogram.
  5. Nephrology opinion for stage 1 renal failure.
  • Based on these reports further management may be planned.

For further queries consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

Hypertension and Skipping Anti-Hypertensive Pills - A Small Step Towards a Big Mistake

Article Overview: This article tells about the misconceptions prevalent among people against having anti-hypertensive pills.  Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Blood Pressure and Symptoms - A Gist : Blood pressure is basically the pressure faced by the walls of the blood vessels when the blood is ejected from the heart with a level of force. Under normal circumstances this force is essential for the blood to circulate well in the body. Raised blood pressur...  Read Article

Can a herniated disc cause testicular pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. Ten days back, I noticed that my testicles has moved up and are receding into my groin. I also have a dull pain in the testicles. This pain is not always there, but it happens on and off. I am worried that this may be a serious condition. Could you please l...  Read Full »

Hypertension - How Aware Are You?

Article Overview: This simple quiz tests your knowledge and teaches you hypertension facts. Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Please check the answer key and get to know how much you know about hypertension based on your score. 0-3: You need to learn more 3-6: A little more knowledge is good for health > 6: Keep updating yourself Question 1: Hypertensive patients should avoid exercise a) True b) False Answer:...  Read Article