Q. What could be the reason for my recurrent testicle pain?

Dr. Devendra

I sat on my testicle before two months, and I experienced an initial sharp pain for a few hours. I went to the ER and did a blood test, urine test and an ultrasound. Torsion, as well as infection, was ruled out.

The exact incident occurred before few days. I did a urine test and another ultrasound. Torsion was ruled out once again. When the pain flared up again, I went to the doctor back. Again, I did an ultrasound, urine test, and blood test. Torsion and infection were ruled once again.

The doctor pointed out a little bit of fluid around my testicle, and I had no pain. But, still, I have pain in my testicle. What was ruled out with these tests? From where does the pain arises?

Dr. Devendra

Urology
#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This acute testicular pain with normal testis examination and ultrasound report look like simple orchialgia. Ruling out torsion is very important in young males presenting with testis pain. It shows that the testis is not twisted on its own. Pathologic pain has associated redness and swelling. From your report, I can say that you do not have torsion and epididymitis. Young males have simple orchialgia due to muscle tone. You need scrotal support. Take tablet Pregabalin 75 mg at bedtime.

| 

I do not have anything significant to worry. Please advice.

Dr. Devendra

Urology
#

Yes, there is nothing to worry, as the ultrasound and the examination done in an emergency are normal. Kindly follow the advice of the scrotal support and take Pregabalin when you have pain.

|