Q. I have severe pain in my testicles lately. Is this testicular torsion?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 10, 2021

I have severe pain in my testicles. I have done three scans before a week. It shows normal results. My testicle is fine with normal blood flow. All the results are normal except the result shown in three doppler scrotal scan reports. Before four days, I noticed that my testicle at the right is facing in another direction. I do not have pain. Is this testicular torsion?

#

Severe testicular pain occurs due to epididymal-orchitis and your ultrasound showed a good blood flow (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It means that there is no torsion at the time of the scan. You can have intermittent torsion. Therefore proper history and clinical examination are necessary at this moment. You need to take a course of Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) thrice a day for five days. If there is severe pain again, you need hospitalization and repeat your ultrasound to rule out torsion.

You can take Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) thrice a day and Panadol 1 gm thrice a day.

Have a follow-up at any time.

|