Q. My left testicle is lower than the right. Is this normal?

Dr. Vivekanandan G
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 06, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 27, 2019

I observed that my left testicle is lower than the right. I examined myself but found no lump. I am not experiencing any pain either. Is this normal?

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

You need not worry since this condition is quite normal.

Because of the late descent of left testis into the scrotum, the left testis is generally placed at a lower level compared to the right. This is totally normal and not harmful.

This, by no means, will affect your sexual life.

Consult a urologist online if you have further queries regarding the same --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

I had an allergy blood test and my specific allergy numbers range from 0 to 0.75 kU/L. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got results back from an allergy blood test. My specific allergy numbers ranged from 0 to 0.75 kU/L. My total IgE is 241 IU/mL. Does this total number indicate anything? Is the number high or low?  Read Full »

I am in my 30s and I have PCOS and a high prolactin level. Can I get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old female. I have PCOS, high prolactin level, my TSH is 4.26 for which I am taking medicine and for prolactin and my AMH is 17. I got pregnant with twins when I was taking 100 mg of Clomid but there was no heartbeat by week 10. I had a few miscarriages two years ago a...  Read Full »

I am 18 years old. Is my testosterone level normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I have not grown to the expected height. I am 173 cm. My mother is 173 cm and father is 189 cm. I had a blood test to determine my HGH levels. The doctor asked me for a testosterone and GH test. The result came back a week later and it said that I had a low HGH level and a 21/42 level te...  Read Full »