Q. There are white spots on my palatoglossal arch and my throat hurts. What could it be?

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda
Published on Sep 28, 2019

Two days ago, I was eating some food, and afterward, I noticed the back of my throat was hurting. I did not think anything of it, and as I went on, it got worse. I took a picture of it which is on my palatoglossal arch right below my tonsil. There are two whites spots, and they are inflamed. I went and got a streptococcus test, and it is negative. But it still hurts, but the pain goes away with oral mouth wash and when I have put tea tree oil on it. What could this be?

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

It seems to be a simple inflammation. Continue the mouth wash and the analgesic plus an antibiotic as Amoxicillin 500 three times daily for a week. Do you have reflux? Or any other chronic diseases?

| 

I got it checked out twice and was told not to have a antibiotic if I do not need it. I do have reflux since I was a baby. I am freaking out about this lesion because it starts changing after I drink warm liquids or drinks in general. This does not look like cancer.

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

According to the course of your lesion, it does not look like cancer. Oral cancer does not worsen then get better, and it goes bad along its course. Oral cancers do not get better with oral mouth wash. Now I can see two causes the first one is the reflux the second one is an infection. For reflux use Omeprazole once daily before breakfast and avoid fast and spicy foods. For disease, please use Amoxicillin as I told you for a week only plus the mouth wash. Avoid smoking and alcoholics.

| 

What can I do to stop this severe throat pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having throat pain since a few days which comes and goes. Today evening I had eaten some salted pistachio and salted and fried cashews and suddenly I have lot of pain in my throat. I cannot even swallow anything. I did betadine gargles, still no effect. What can I do to st...  Read Full »

Other than acid reflux, what can cause inflammation and irritation of throat?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my throat and esophagus. I have seen an ENT specialist and he said that I had a lot of inflammation in my esophagus, but did not seem to say anything else other than it may be the acid reflux. But, the way I feel and a lot of the other symptoms that have...  Read Full »

I have sore throat and small ulcers at the visible part of my throat inspite of having medicines. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a very sore throat for the last three days and have been taking pain killers and antibiotic (Azithromycin 500), but they only gave temporary relief. I noticed small ulcers at the visible part of my throat, not sure if these were there when the symptoms started. These are the on...  Read Full »