Q. Is my thyroid profile normal? Kindly let me know.

Answered by
Dr. Roli Agarwal
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 13, 2017

Hello doctor,

I am a 58-year-old female with a history of hysterectomy twenty years before. Now, I have osteoporosis and I do not want to take a medicine after viewing all the side effects. I am having difficulty in losing weight despite many diets. After searching on the web, I decided to do hormone test and now I want to have an opinion from a doctor about the results I have obtained and what step should I take?

My thyroid results are T3 at 4.6 pmol/L, T4 at 14.25 pmol, and TSH at 1.48 mcU. E2 66.4 pg/mL, progesterone at 0.81 ng/mL, testosterone at 0.25 ng/mL. I want to know if this is in order and I need your advice. I am currently on multivitamins, calcium, and vitamins.



Welcome to

Your thyroid profile is absolutely normal.

Your other hormones show postmenopausal status which is normal at your age.

For osteoporosis, you should take calcium and vitamin D which you are already taking.

You should also start with hormone therapy for the shortest duration and lowest dose as it is not harmful

This will help to strengthen your bones which is very important for osteoporosis.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->

Thank you doctor,

What kind of hormone would you advise me as my seniors all died of cancer? I am very afraid. Just tell me what you would recommend. Thanks.



Welcome back to

What kind of cancer did they die of?

I suggest you take tablet Premarin (Estrogen) 0.625 mg daily for three months and tablet Raloxifene 60 mg daily for three months.

I suggest you also take tablet calcium 500 mg twice daily for 3 months and tablet Nani-D3 60000IU once a week for three months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

This is a minimum dose that you need to start with.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.--->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I am 9 months pregnant, and my total T3 is 208.57. Should I be worried?

.. read your query about your pregnancy and your thyroid function test results. It appears that you have hyperthyroidism, but you are rightly treated for it since your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is normal. The slightly high T3 is not to be wo...   Read full

Is there any method to delay periods without any side effects?

They are just hormones estrogen and progesterone, same as that produced in the body every month ... Do not worry about the side effects of the pills, as these pills are a combination of estrogen and pro...   Read full

How to control continuous abnormal vaginal bleeding?

If the bleeding has not responded to Deviry (Medroxy progesterone), then I would suggest you take her to the hospital and get her admitted ... She would need some blood work done to see her blood parameter, also would require...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Monkeypox Virus - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Complications, and Prevention
Monkeypox is a zoonotic viral disease. This virus got its name as it was first noticed in laboratory monkeys in the late...  Read more»
Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.