Q. Is my thyroid profile normal? Kindly let me know.

Dr. Roli Agarwal

I am a 58-year-old female with a history of hysterectomy twenty years before. Now, I have osteoporosis and I do not want to take a medicine after viewing all the side effects. I am having difficulty in losing weight despite many diets. After searching on the web, I decided to do hormone test and now I want to have an opinion from a doctor about the results I have obtained and what step should I take?

My thyroid results are T3 at 4.6 pmol/L, T4 at 14.25 pmol, and TSH at 1.48 mcU. E2 66.4 pg/mL, progesterone at 0.81 ng/mL, testosterone at 0.25 ng/mL. I want to know if this is in order and I need your advice. I am currently on multivitamins, calcium, and vitamins.

#

Your thyroid profile is absolutely normal.

Your other hormones show postmenopausal status which is normal at your age.

For osteoporosis, you should take calcium and vitamin D which you are already taking.

You should also start with hormone therapy for the shortest duration and lowest dose as it is not harmful

This will help to strengthen your bones which is very important for osteoporosis.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What kind of hormone would you advise me as my seniors all died of cancer? I am very afraid. Just tell me what you would recommend. Thanks.

#

What kind of cancer did they die of?

I suggest you take tablet Premarin (Estrogen) 0.625 mg daily for three months and tablet Raloxifene 60 mg daily for three months.

I suggest you also take tablet calcium 500 mg twice daily for 3 months and tablet Nani-D3 60000IU once a week for three months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

This is a minimum dose that you need to start with.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|