Q. Thyroid levels gets increased after delivery. Why?

Answered by Dr. Shaikh Sadaf and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Thyroid Problem or Postpartum Thyroiditis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

We have started seeing thyroid in my wife after her delivery before three months. We can see a mild swelling in her throat. After thyroid test we came to know that values were not in range, all have exceeded too much. We are afraid and do not know what will happen. Please find attached test reports and please suggest how much she has impacted and how this can be treated.

This is the second baby. Before five years after first baby birth, we saw the same in her throat, and it went away after the observation by a physician and some medicine, in around three months last time. Now we see again but with high range. Currently taking Calcium and Iron tables as suggested by doctor after baby birth.