Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have had eye tics for the last two years and ophthalmic test results are normal. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I developed an eye tic two years back, where I was forcefully blinking my right eye. I did this for around five months which affected my daily life. Then, with the practice of meditation and breathing exercise, the tic reduced drastically. But I think it altered the movements of my rig...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and recommend starting Gabapentin or low-dose Clonazepam to help release muscle tension. Another possible treatment option is Fluvoxamine, which can help treat OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) and psychogenic tics like in your case. I ho...  Read Full »

How to differentiate a tic disorder from an absence seizure?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is sometimes over-energetic and suddenly stares randomly with slight stiffness of the arms for maybe two to three seconds. It happens few times a day. We consulted a neurologist, but nothing was found to be abnormal. Doctors ruled it out as a slight tic disorder. However, I h...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the pictures that you have uploaded (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), and by the images, we cannot determine if the blank stare is a tic or absence seizures. In fact, in children, it is challenging to distinguish this clinical situation. But...  Read Full »

My tic disorder got worse after taking Haloperidol. What is the alternative option?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from tic disorder from childhood with eye blinking and shoulder movement. It was not a big problem for me in my childhood. After marriage, it became worse with continued coughing. So I decided to take medicines by consulting a psychiatrist. The doctor prescribed me Risperidone a...  Read Full »

Dr. Siva Anoop Yella

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having minor anxiety symptoms with tics. Sometimes, tics get flare up due to anxiety, and hence it is important to cure anxiety as well. The medications prescribed for you are the right ones. But Haloperidol 0.75 mg works well for anxiety also. Dosulepin can be ...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have too many tics developed in a short time as a teenager?

Query: Hi doctor, My 13-year-old daughter developed a tic for about a month. And it started with a shoulder shrug (one side, left shoulder) and has progressed to several upper body tics. About six tics (head jerking, shoulder shrug, arm jerk or extending, hand hitting thigh, hand hitting chest, and hand f...  Read Full »

Dr. Gursimran Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the situation, and I am sorry for her to face this situation. Yes, the prime age of a child developing tic disorder is 11 to 13 years. Usually, tic disorder has comorbid conditions like obsessive-compulsive disorder and ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity d...  Read Full »

I have had frequent tics for two months. Is it a tic disorder, or Tourette's syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I had frequent tics for two months. I am wondering if I have a tic disorder, or if it might be the beginning of Tourette's syndrome. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tics are relatively common and experienced by many people. If you are having both motor and vocal tics which are persistent for more than a year, it becomes a chronic tic disorder- commonly referred to as Tourette's syndrome. How old are you now? At what age did thes...  Read Full »

Is it possible for me to develop Tourette's syndrome without having any tics?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female who is turning 20 years old in two months. I was recently diagnosed with high functioning autism after suspecting for two years that I could have that condition. I have never had any kind of ticks or repetitive and involuntary movements or sounds. When I was 15, I start...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tics are quite common and experienced by many people. Tics happen more prominently when you are worried and stressed. You have been reporting anxiety and particularly worried about Tourettes syndrome. Tourettes syndrome is a severe form of tic disorder where a perso...  Read Full »

What causes headaches, shaky hands and nervous tics?

Query: Hello doctor, Please see my symptoms: Headache. Hands slightly shaking. Nervous ticks (meaning I make a flinching motion). Please also note that I feel anxiety daily.  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since when are you having anxiety? Sweaty and shaky hands are a manifestation of anxiety. Though headaches can be associated with anxiety too, a headache needs more detailed history: In which part of the head it is? Is it severe or mild? Do you have any nausea...  Read Full »

Till what age do vocal and motor tics usually continue?

Query: Hello doctor,I have vocal and motor tics. Is it Tourette's and if yes, till what age does it usually continue? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, there is no cure for it, but treatment can relieve symptoms. Tics can persist for years or lifetime, although their severity reduces. Most of the tics are mild and do not require any treatment. Stress relieving therapies like yoga and meditation woul...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.