Q. Till what age do vocal and motor tics usually continue?

Dr. Shobhit Shah

I have vocal and motor tics. Is it Tourette's and if yes, till what age does it usually continue? Please help.

#

Unfortunately, there is no cure for it, but treatment can relieve symptoms.

Tics can persist for years or lifetime, although their severity reduces.

Most of the tics are mild and do not require any treatment. Stress relieving therapies like yoga and meditation would be beneficial.

Medications like Clonidine are helpful for suppression of tics, at a dosage of 0.5 mg per day for six weeks to three months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|