Q. I am suffering from frequent tics. Could this be Tourette's syndrome?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 30, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 21, 2019

I had frequent tics for two months. I am wondering if I have a tic disorder, or if it might be the beginning of Tourette's syndrome. Kindly advice.

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Paediatrics Psychiatry
#

Tics are relatively common and experienced by many people. If you are having both motor and vocal tics which are persistent for more than a year, it becomes a chronic tic disorder- commonly referred to as Tourette's syndrome. How old are you now? At what age did these tics start?

Tics are usually more prominent when you are feeling tired, stressed, etc. I will advise consulting with your doctor for a full assessment (physical causes may need to rule out in some situations). If tics are affecting your normal functioning, it can be treated by habit reversal therapy, and sometimes medication can be used as well. I hope this helps.

D and C (Dilation and Curettage)

Article Overview: Dilation and curettage, or otherwise called D and C, is a minor surgical procedure where the cervix is widened (dilation) and the tissue lining the uterus is scraped or suctioned out (curettage). This procedure is usually done to treat conditions like heavy menstrual bleeding or to remove tissues left in the womb after a miscarriage.  Read Article

Dr. K Sneha

Dilation and Curettage (D & C) Overview Dilation and curettage, or otherwise called D and C, is a minor surgical procedure where the cervix is widened (dilation) and the tissue lining the uterus is scraped or suctioned out (curettage). This procedure is usually done to treat conditions like hea...  Read Article