Q. What causes headaches, shaky hands and nervous tics?

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Please see my symptoms:

• Headache.
  • Hands slightly shaking.
  • Nervous ticks (meaning I make a flinching motion).

Please also note that I feel anxiety daily.

#

Since when are you having anxiety?

Sweaty and shaky hands are a manifestation of anxiety.

Though headaches can be associated with anxiety too, a headache needs more detailed history:

• In which part of the head it is?
  • Is it severe or mild?
  • Do you have any nausea or vomiting associated?
  • How is your day-to-day mood usually?

1. MRI brain.
  2. Thyroid profile.
  3. Serum vitamin B12.
  4. Ophthalmological (fundus) examination to look for papilledema.

Revert with more information to a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

| 

Thank you very much for responding. I have been feeling anxious for about two years now. It started when I felt myself swallowing often, then I became anxious about people hearing my swallowing and that is how the cycle went on. The headache is more on and off, I would feel a random streak of pain on either side of the head, both left and right maybe twice for the day which would then go away immediately. When it happens it makes my face cringe so I would say it is mild? I have no nausea or vomiting. Overall my mood is only affected because I fear something is wrong with me because I do not normally get headaches. Otherwise, I am in my normal mood.

#

Possibly your problem is due to anxiety itself. But, we need to rule out few other conditions. That is the reason I suggested those tests.

Also,I suggest you consult a neurologist in person for a good diagnosis and management.

For further queries consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

| 

Does the blood pressure medication could cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old female. I have aches in my limbs and thighs especially at night. It is often characterized by heaviness in limbs. I am getting headache chiefly in left side of the head. I am taking painkiller at least once in a week for the same. I am taking Newtel 40 mg for blood pres...  Read Full »

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article