Toe Injury

Do toe injury in a diabetic patient cause gangrene or bruise?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 46 years old and diabetic. Two weeks ago I dropped a heavy thing on my toe and now my nail looks weird and now I am having pain in my foot. I want to know whether this is gangrene or a bruise under the toenail? I am currently on Novolog.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photographs. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The photograph sent by you shows some ecchymosis over the nail base and the adjoining skin. This is due to the weight that fell on the toe. Many patients come with similar complaints to ...  Read Full »

My toe is swollen, bruised, and painful. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I fell this morning and I am pretty sure I broke a toe. It is a bit swollen, bruised, and painful. I landed on my knee and top of my foot. My knee is fine but the top of my foot is a little tender. It has a small bruise. My other toes are getting numb. Do I need to see a doctor?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history, as you have stated that you are having pain, swelling and bruising on dorsum (top) of foot region. In that event, I advise you to get: X-ray of affected foot (AP and oblique views) because we have to rule out any bony injury as man...  Read Full »