Q. My 3-year-old grandson refuses to potty train. Please help.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 29, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 03, 2021

I have a three old grandson. He refuses to have potty training. We have tried everything. He is using underwear but he still pees and poops in his panties. He says lies about pooping in his panties. I can able to smell it. We are not getting angry with him. But when we say to do poop in the potty next time, he says no. We are trying as he has to get ready to go to school. How to proceed further without making him more resistant?

#

In this condition, the best way is to make brain conditioning at this age. This can be done by making the child to wash his soiled pants under your guidance. When this is done a few times, the child will know the consequences and he is forced to go to the potty. Another method is to make the child sit continuously on the potty for 15 minutes daily once in the morning and at night. The child will get programmed to use potty and he will become confident about it and he tries to use it.

|