Q. I am taking Celexa and Xanax for OCD without any improvement. Should I change my treatment?

Answered by Dr. Punya Mulky and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or Cognitive Behaviour Therapy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 36-year-old male who has suffered from OCD for the majority of my life. My psychiatrist has changed Celexa to 40 mg, and I am taking this dose for two months now. I have a feeling of mania, anxiety and I am unable to deal with it. I also feel impulsive, and sometimes I feel great, and I can accomplish a lot. I also have a feeling like I have been traveling in a roller coaster for a few months. It happened to me several times in my life. Do I need to seek another psychiatrist's opinion? I also take Xanax 0.5 mg whenever required.