Q. How can the formation of tonsil stones be prevented?

Dr. Manu Wilfred

I am suffering from tonsil stones and I am very much irritated by them. Can you please tell me how to cure them and how to prevent them? I have not taken any medicines until now.

#

Tonsilloliths or tonsil stones are formed due to deposition of lime salts in tonsils after blockage of crypts in tonsils.

Treatment involves removal of stones by an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) specialist.

Recurrent stones are treated by tonsillectomy.

In the meanwhile, you can start Betadine (Povidone Iodine) gargles three to four times a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take them.

For more information consult an ENT Otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|