Q. Is it necessary to do another dressing over the steri-strips placed on my arm?

Dr. Sanya Dhingra
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 09, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 10, 2021

I am a 23-year-old male with a weight of 77 kilograms and a height of five feet nine inches. I went to a hospital in early hours. I have some cuts in my arm and they put steri-strips and a dressing over it. The dressing remains loose and I can see my wounds covered with dark red scabs as well as a small bubble of amber-colored liquid remained in place for a day. Is this normal? Can I remove my dressing for having a shower? Can it ruin my steri-strips? Do I need to add another dressing?

#

I understand your concern. You can change your dressing by yourself at home by taking someone's help. You can apply Povidone-iodine cream and cotton and then wrap it with a bandage. Avoid placing the wound in water and do not keep it open. A small bleb in a wound is a part of normal process of healing. It will be better if you share pictures of the affected wound and so I can guide you further. Put any bandage in a sterile manner.

|