Q. When should I dispose the gauze after a tooth have been pulled?

Dr. Divya Banu M
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jun 23, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 25, 2019

How long should I keep gauze in after a tooth is pulled?

#

After a tooth is extracted, it is advisable to keep the gauze in the site for 30 minutes, in the same position. After 30 minutes, do not spit, take the gauze through your hand and discard. This is to arrest bleeding and help in clot formation by pressure method, and spitting will lead to dislodgement of the clot. So, be careful with splitting (do not do it forcefully) for at least one day. I hope you have got the other instructions from your dentist.

How long does numbness last after tooth extraction?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, I had a wisdom tooth extraction. Still, I feel tongue numbness. What is the solution?  Read Full »

How can we stop excessive bleeding from tooth extraction site?

Query: Hi doctor, It has been eight hours now. I have extracted three teeth at the same time. There is excessive bleeding from the extracted site. Is this deadly?  Read Full »